Friday, March 13, 2015

Thoughts on Disney's live action Cinderella!


First off, just let me say I have adored the Cinderella story since I was a little girl. I personally think Lily James was a PERFECT choice to play Cinderella. Now I haven't seen the movie yet but based on what I have seen, she is amazing and Cate Blanchette as Lady Tremaine was a brilliant idea. I Love that they are taking classic Disney movies and present them in Live action and revamping the costumes....





I simply adore what they did with her Blue ball gown. I Love the skirt, the corseted top. But I especially love that they incorporated the butterfly into her gown. The butterfly symbolizes strength and change. Changing from a Little Caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly, or in Cinderella's case, from a servant girl, to a princess and Queen. 
Helena Bonham Carter, Makes a beautiful fairy godmother, I love her sparkly white gown. And she gives the fairy godmother an air of innocence.
 I Really love the softness of her "peasant" dress. It shows her innocence and it still gives her an air of elegance.






Cate Blanchette makes a beautiful Lady Tremaine. I Love the red lips and the sophistication of her dress



I really cannot put into words how much I LOVE her wedding gown. It is so simple yet elegant, and flowing and beautiful. It's Perfect for Cinderella.

So What are your thoughts on the costuming, and Lily James. Do you think she did Cinderella justice or did her performance leave you wanting more. Let me know in the comments what you think on Disney's new Live Action Cinderella!

No comments:

Post a Comment